CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Nationwide Climate Service has issued a warmth advisory for Corpus Christi and Nueces County from 1:00 p.m. to eight:00 p.m. in the present day. Most warmth indices are anticipated to vary from 110° to 113° levels.
Sizzling temperatures and excessive humidity will improve the danger of heat-related sicknesses, together with warmth exhaustion and warmth stroke.
In response to the acute temperatures, the Metropolis of Corpus Christi is making a number of cooling facilities out there to the general public for prolonged hours.
The cooling facilities can be open from 1:00 p.m. to six:00 p.m. in the present day.
Please see the listing beneath for facility names and addresses:
Ethel Eyerly Senior Heart 654 Graham Street 826-2330
Backyard Senior Heart 5325 Greely Drive 826-2345
Lindale Senior Heart 3135 Swantner Drive 826-2340
La Retama Central Public Library 805 Comanche Avenue 826-7000
Anita & W.T. Neyland Public Library 1230 Carmel Parkway 826-2370
Ben F. McDonald Public Library 4044 Greenwood Drive 826-2356 (Open till 7:00 p.m.)
Owen R. Hopkins Public Library 3202 McKinzie Street 826-2350 (Open till 7:00 p.m.)
Dr. Clotilde P. Garcia Public Library 5930 Brockhampton Avenue 826-2360 (Open till 7:00 p.m.)
Janet F. Harte Public Library 2629 Waldron Street 826-2310 (Open Till 7:00 p.m.)
The Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority will permit people to journey fare-free upon telling their Bus Operator that they will be touring to the closest cooling heart. For extra info, go to http://www.ccrta.org
The Metropolis’s swimming pools, splash pads, and the Bayfront Park Fountain are open with free admission as a cooling different. NOTE: All youngsters beneath the age of eight have to be accompanied and supervised always by an grownup age 16+.
Public Swimming pools:
Hours of operation differ by location:
- Collier Pool, 3801 Harris Drive – Open 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Corpus Christi Natatorium, 3202 Cabaniss Parkway – Open 5:30 a.m. to eight:00 p.m.
- West Guth Pool, 9705 Up River Street – Closed
- Greenwood Pool, 4305 Greenwood Drive – Closed
- H-E-B Pool, 1520 Shely Avenue – Open 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Oso Pool, 1109 Bernice Drive – Closed attributable to lifeguards out with COVID-19
- Lindale Park Splash Pad, 3133 Swantner Drive, Open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Invoice Witt Park Splash Pad, 6869 Yorktown Boulevard, Open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Manuel Q. Salinas Park Splash Pad, 1354 Airport Street, Open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Bayfront Park Fountain
1309 North Shoreline Boulevard
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Animal Care Providers can have on-call officers for calls regarding pets left outdoors within the warmth.
Ideas for protecting pets protected in excessive warmth:
- Convey pets inside
- By no means go away your pet in a automotive
- Give your pet additional water
- Shield your pet’s paws from sizzling surfaces
The Metropolis stays in Stage One of many Drought Contingency Plan, residents are reminded to preserve water.
Warmth Security Ideas
Total, one of the best protection towards heat-related sickness is prevention. Keep cool, drink loads of fluids, put on cool clothes and monitor strenuous outside actions.
The Metropolis additionally wish to remind everybody in regards to the precautions you’ll be able to take to cut back your danger of warmth exhaustion and heatstroke. The Texas Division of State Well being Providers advises:
- By no means go away anybody, together with animals, in a closed, parked automobile.
- Drink loads of fluids, however keep away from drinks with alcohol, caffeine, or loads of sugar.
- Plan strenuous outside exercise for early mornings or evenings when it is cooler.
- Take frequent breaks when working outdoors.
- Indicators and signs of warmth sickness embody dizziness, heavy sweating, nausea, complications, and muscle cramps. If indicators and signs start to emerge, transfer to a cooler location, relaxation a couple of minutes, and slowly drink a cool liquid. Instantly search medical consideration if circumstances don’t enhance and inform somebody to watch you.
- Steadily verify on the aged, the in poor health, and others who might need assistance.
For extra info on Metropolis cooling facilities, go to www.cctexas.com/coolingcenters.