CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Nationwide Climate Service expects excessive temperatures right this moment within the triple digits for many of South Texas. Warmth Index Values as much as 114° levels are anticipated.
Scorching temperatures and excessive humidity will improve the chance of heat-related sicknesses, together with warmth exhaustion and warmth stroke.
The Metropolis of Corpus Christi reminds residents a number of cooling facilities can be found to the general public.
The cooling facilities shall be open from 1:00 p.m. till 6:00 p.m. right this moment.
Please see the listing under for facility names and addresses:
Ethel Eyerly Senior Heart 654 Graham Street 826-2330
Backyard Senior Heart 5325 Greely Drive 826-2345
La Retama Central Public Library 805 Comanche Avenue 826-7000
The Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority will enable people to journey fare-free upon telling their Bus Operator that they’re going to be touring to the closest cooling heart. For extra data, go to http://www.ccrta.org
The Metropolis’s swimming pools, splash pads, and the Bayfront Park Fountain are open with free admission as a cooling different. NOTE: All youngsters below the age of eight should be accompanied and supervised always by an grownup age 16+.
Public Swimming pools:
Hours of operation differ by location:
- Collier Pool, 3801 Harris Drive – Open 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Corpus Christi Natatorium, 3202 Cabaniss Parkway – Closed on account of swim meet
- West Guth Pool, 9705 Up River Street – Open 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Greenwood Pool, 4305 Greenwood Drive – Open 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- H-E-B Pool, 1520 Shely Avenue – Open 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Oso Pool, 1109 Bernice Drive – Closed on account of lifeguards out with COVID-19
- Lindale Park Splash Pad, 3133 Swantner Drive, Open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Invoice Witt Park Splash Pad, 6869 Yorktown Boulevard, Open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Manuel Q. Salinas Park Splash Pad, 1354 Airport Street, Open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Bayfront Park Fountain
1309 North Shoreline Boulevard
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Animal Care Companies may have on-call officers for calls regarding pets left exterior within the warmth.
Ideas for maintaining pets protected in excessive warmth:
- Convey pets inside
- By no means depart your pet in a automotive
- Give your pet further water
- Shield your pet’s paws from scorching surfaces
The Metropolis stays in Stage One of many Drought Contingency Plan. Residents are reminded to preserve water.
Warmth Security Ideas
Total, one of the best protection in opposition to heat-related sickness is prevention. Keep cool, drink loads of fluids, put on cool clothes and monitor strenuous outside actions.
The Metropolis additionally want to remind everybody in regards to the precautions you’ll be able to take to scale back your threat of warmth exhaustion and heatstroke. The Texas Division of State Well being Companies advises:
- By no means depart anybody, together with animals, in a closed, parked automobile.
- Drink loads of fluids, however keep away from drinks with alcohol, caffeine, or loads of sugar.
- Plan strenuous outside exercise for early mornings or evenings when it is cooler.
- Take frequent breaks when working exterior.
- Indicators and signs of warmth sickness embrace dizziness, heavy sweating, nausea, complications, and muscle cramps. If indicators and signs start to emerge, transfer to a cooler location, relaxation a couple of minutes, and slowly drink a cool liquid. Instantly search medical consideration if situations don’t enhance and inform somebody to look at you.
- Often examine on the aged, the in poor health, and others who might need assistance.
For extra data on Metropolis cooling facilities, go to www.cctexas.com/coolingcenters.